Holland America Line Case Management Coordinator in SEATTLE, Washington
Case Management Coordinator
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
To provide administrative support to the case management team for medically disembarked guests and crew.
1.At the direction of the Manager and/or Specialists, contacts treating physicians, facilities, patients and port agents to request medical records and treatment/condition status updates.
2.Identifies and communicates with appropriate health care providers to schedule patient medical appointments and communicate the details accordingly.
3.Follows up with a sense of urgency and with minimal supervision on assigned cases to ensure that crew members are providing the requested updates and that the necessary care is either scheduled or in progress.
4.Sends Company-approved communications to crew members at pre-determined stages of the case management timeline reminding them of their obligation to regularly submit medical updates, and otherwise documents progress of each case.
5.Recognizes and resolves logistical barriers to care by issuing (upon approval) Guarantee of Payment letters, by working with Port Agents, and by collaborating with other departments.
6.Provides logistical support for the repatriation of crew.
7.Summarizes, consolidates, and electronically stores case management information according to departmental protocols.
8.Demonstrates accuracy, speed, attention to detail, sensitivity to case timelines, and protection of confidentiality when performing case management data entry.
9.Monitors inbound case management communications (e.g., email, phone, fax, post), and independently assigns response priorities. Distributes communications to the appropriate party for response.
10.Personally responds to inbound questions (from crew, providers, other departments, etc.) when appropriate with well-stated, timely, succinct, and factual emails/phone calls.
11.Provides standard office administrative support to Managers and Specialists as necessary.
•Three years of administrative experience within a business environment.
•Excellent organizational and communication skills.
•Associates Degree or higher preferred.
•Familiarity with medical terminology and concepts preferred.
• Flexible Work Schedule! –9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
• Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
• Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
• Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
• Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
• Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per fiscal year
• 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
• Profit Sharing Plan- Eligible after 1 year of service
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
• Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
• Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
Next Steps…For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.