Holland America Line Charter & Incentive Account Manager in Seattle, Washington
The Charter & Incentive Account Manager is responsible for oversight, administration and logistics of charter and incentive group sales support and operations for Holland America Line and Seabourn.
The C&I Account Manager must confidently drive the development of charter operations, including interaction with senior executives, with the ability to represent C&I Sales and the company when escorting full-ship charters.
The Charter & Incentive Account Manager is responsible for the following:
• Oversee the successful operation of full-ship charters for Holland America Line and Seabourn by preparing and executing the provisions of charter party agreements for assigned portfolio of charters.
• Escort full-ship charters providing on-site corporate and sales representation to ensure that the execution meets and/or exceeds expectations, to serve as liaison and at times, negotiator between charterer and ship’s management, and pave the way for repeat charters. Able to independently host and entertain charterers when escorting.
• Interface with individual operating units to address charterer inquiries and requests for customization, ensuring that charters are executed according to the terms and conditions of the executed charter party agreement.
• Supervise the preparation of charter onboard memo for each assigned charter in collaboration with C&I sales managers/directors, charter client and individual operating units within the company.
• Manage charter logistics including special orders, risk assessments, charterer deliveries.
• Assist sales managers and directors with the preparation of charter party agreements.
• Ensure the safeguarding all official, charter documentation including approvals for provisions, financial security instruments, port confirmations, risk assessments and fully executed charter party agreements.
• Manage invoicing of charter payments and collection of funds for assigned charters. Complete post-charter reconciliations in conjunction with Key Accounts and Accounting.
• Escort charter voyages to assist the ship in execution, serving as liaison between the ship and charterer, and providing important corporate sales representation.
• Additional travel, as needed, to charterer and key incentive group accounts for planning purposes.
• Organize and confidently lead internal meetings, at times with senior executives, to discuss planning and/or issues.
• Prepare incentive group quotes from inbound requests and sales manager leads and tender the offer directly to clients.
• Interact directly with incentive group prospects and identify particulars necessary to close and capture business.
• Generate incentive contracts for signature, adhering to all company policies and protocols, and secure all necessary signatures.
• Administer post-sale operations of Holland America Line and Seabourn incentive groups, serving as liaison between client and internal group support divisions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of event planning and management, and/or relevant operational experience with a preference for prior work in the C&I arena.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Exceptional project management skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong and confident negotiator to build internal consensus, and gain account support for options and solutions
• Exemplifies brand profile
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to host and entertain clients and accounts independently
• Generative Posture (motivator, optimistic, transparent)
• Self-starter, team player and able to work independently