Holland America Line Family Assistance Specialist in SEATTLE, Washington
Family Assistant Specialist
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
Provide 24/7 global compassionate and logistical support for guests, crew and their families in the event of a personal emergency situation (such as medical disembarkation, death or missing passenger).
Provide compassionate and logistical support through case management for guests, crew, and their families/travel companion(s) in the event of an unexpected crisis such as a death, medical emergency, sexual assault, ship emergency, and Fleet Medical referral.
Responsible for authorizing expenditures for accommodations and other incidentals as deemed necessary and within departmental guidelines.
Interact with outside resources including embassies, insurance companies, travel agents, and funeral directors.
Liaises with Ship, Port Agents, Risk Management and/or Port Operations to meet Guests’ needs after disembarkation.
Helps facilitate patient transfer to tertiary care center as needed.
Responsible for supervisory or support role during emergency activation of the CareTeam Control Center, Family Support Center, or Family Assistance Center.
Responsible for coordinating necessary logistics associated with a CareTeam deployment acting as primary resource to provide coaching and direction to support guests.
Oversee post-deployment debriefs including CareTeam member expense reimbursements, CareTeam credit card reconciliations, process CareTeam bonuses, and maintain deployment records. .
Maintain emergency readiness including updating procedures manual and resource tools.
Participate in training drills for CareTeam and Guest Programs (Passenger Inquiry Center, CareTeam Command Center, Family Support Center, on-site Family Assistance Center).
Maintain documentation and files and other administrative tasks pertaining to the Family Assistance cases and Medical disembarkations.
• 2-3 years of experience performing customer service or social service role
• Associate’s degree in Business Admin, Social Sciences, or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Medical background and Care Team Training helpful
• Fluency in other languages helpful
• Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to multi-task
• Proficiency with all MS Office products
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Outgoing, energetic personality with a passion to help others
• Ability to work flexible schedules, after-hours on a regular basis and on weekends as assigned
• Ability to travel on short notice
• Flexible Work Schedule! –9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
• Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
• Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
• Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
• Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
• Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per fiscal year
• 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
• Profit Sharing Plan- Eligible after 1 year of service
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
• Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
• Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
Next Steps…For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.