Holland America Line Financial Systems Manager in SEATTLE, Washington
Financial Systems Manager
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
Manager of Financial Systems Processes for Oracle E-business Suite serving 4 of the Holland America Group cruise brands. Manage team of 2 local system administrators and serve as primary coordinating resource to local and remote finance and Information Technology departments for system governance, resolution, enhancement and project activities. Collaborate and lead project related financial process initiatives with other departments. Assist in research related to the HA Group Finance adoption of Best Practices and strong utilization of existing technologies.
The Financial System Manager is responsible for administration aspects and projects specific to Oracle Financials (R12), Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), and Kofax/Markview Imaging systems. This position is responsible for the following activities:
Responsible for possessing Subject Matter Expert (SME) level knowledge of existing Financial Processes in order to drive workflow and system enhancement design, implementations, and troubleshooting system issues, with focus on increased efficiencies and continual assessment of controls. This includes having knowledge in key financial processes and functional knowledge of AP, GL, FA, PO, iExp, iProc, CE, AR, and OBIEE.
Analyze business needs, applying technology through application configuration, implementation of new functionality or software, and process improvement.
Work directly with management and stakeholders to gather and document business requirements, specifications and timelines. Coordinate initial release testing and project development testing to confirm expected system results/goals in coordination with business users. Ensure appropriate documentation of test evidence.
Utilize general project management skills to balance priorities and communication between large number of differing stakeholders (Finance users and management, extended stakeholders, central Global Financial Technology Services (GFTS) governance team, internal and external IT teams)
Continued focus on decreasing system incidents and driving adoption of common best practices, through continued proactive research, analysis and recommendations.
Manage 2 local system administrators and coordinate with corporate system administrators (GFTS) and offshore support regarding incidents, system maintenance and projects.
Ability to answer range of questions from users on common financial system functions and coordinate functional training as needed.
Ensure proper and timely communication and resolution of system issues to both Finance Users and Financial System Developers.
Assist Director in ensuring appropriate system governance, including user access maintenance, general configurations, timely ticket resolution, appropriate documentation.
Oversee required SOX testing and accurately provide related schedules and support to internal and external auditors in coordination with Global Governance team.
Maintain a positive attitude and ensures customer service as defined in Core Values.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or Information Technologies with concentration in Accounting
Minimum 5 years overall experience in ERP systems functional areas with specific emphasis in the following:
• Subject Matter Expert in the Oracle eBS application environment including; reporting and application configuration
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance and/or System and Application Administration and Support of Oracle Financials (specifically not to be confused with Oracle servers)
• Prior financial project management experience preferred
• Strong Analytical, Quantitative Presentation Skills
• Strong Team Management Skills
• Additional Oracle, OBIEE and third party eBS applications imaging, analysis or reporting tools
• Background in the Cruise Industry a plusKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• The ability to develop strong relationships with different business units to define and deliver application needs
• Good communication and organizational skills, work well on a team, and have the ability to work with all levels of management;
• Strong Analytical, Quantitative Presentation Skills
• Excellent active listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Expertise in Oracle eBS Applications and System Administration.
• Experience with query tools, SQL*plus, PLSQL, MS Access and reporting / Business Intelligence tools, a plus
• Flexible Work Schedule! –9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
• Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
• Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
• Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
• Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
• Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per fiscal year
• 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
• Profit Sharing Plan- Eligible after 1 year of service
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
• Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
• Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
Next Steps…For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.