Holland America Line Senior Budget Analyst in SEATTLE, Washington
Senior Budget Analyst
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Holland America Line's mission guides our business to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, care for our employees, remain stewards of the environment and operate in partnership with the people and organizations in the communities in which we do business. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 14 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
The Senior Budget Analyst assists in the preparation and review of Marine Operations capital expenditure and operating budgets. Analyzes, prepares, forecasts and distributes monthly management reports. Manages capital project submissions, and monitors spending against approved budgets.
• Prepares of SBN operating budgets, including all aspects of repair and maintenance, fuel, and capital expenditures.
• Review of monthly management package for SBN R&M, explaining variances and updating expectations. In addition, performs monthly reconciliation of results against budget and forecast and reports results to management.
• Prepares all non-IT capital project paperwork for management approval, and monitors capital submissions against budget. Works with management to re-allocate capital funds when overruns take place or projects are cancelled.
• Analyzes capital spending against approved budgets on a monthly basis, and report results to management. Work with the project managers to resolve cost over runs and incorrectly classified costs.
• Tracks drydock expenses and SBN R&M expenses. This includes: a. Audit GL for misapplied items; b. Prepare a monthly accrual report for accounting; c. Use GLs to allocate the monthly charges between all line items in the budget spreadsheet; and d. Monitor actuals against the drydock accruals on a monthly basis
• On-site finance representative on drydocks to track expenses and work with project managers on project budget. Responsible for setting up the drydock cost management and accrual files, and overseeing others who assist with on-site finance management during drydocks. This includes training of these individuals, as well as review of their tracking files during and after drydock.
• BS or BA in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access skills
• Prior budgeting and monthly income statement analysis
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to interact well with all levels within the organization
• Excellent problem solving/analytical skills with a high level of accuracy
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed to complete projects
• Willingness to travel approximately 5%-10% of time.
Flexible Work Schedule! – 9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
Time off benefits – 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
Health – Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
Wellness – Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
Tuition Reimbursement – Up to 80% with a maximum of $3,000 per fiscal year
401(k) – Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
Profit Sharing Plan – Eligible after 1 year of service
Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
Training – In-house Discover University courses on professional development
Rewards & Incentives – Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
Next Steps…For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.