Holland America Line Staff Accountant in SEATTLE, Washington
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
The Staff Accountant, Cash Operations (Seattle) is a key player on the Holland America Group Cash Operations team. Working closely with the Senior Accountant and Manager the Staff Accountant supports production, general ledger accounting and financial and operational reporting over cash and credit card receipts; credit card chargebacks; AR and collections; and refunds. As a leader on the Cash Operations team, the Staff Accountant participates in and/or leads projects to continuously improve systems and procedures to strengthen compliance, boost productivity and improve guest and distribution partner experience.
• Leads and/or participates in activities such as recruiting and training new employees; ad hoc analysis; cash operations projects and month end close duties.
• Reviews and approves and/or prepares analysis and journal entries for recording cash, A/R, credit card receipts, credit card fees, reclassifications and corrections while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Reviews and approves and/or prepares balance sheet reconciliations identifying and resolving discrepancies. Assists other departments with cash related reconciliation research.
• Analyzes and prepares internal and external month-end reporting (financial, operational) ensuring accuracy and timeliness; develops monthly variance explanations for balance sheet and P&L accounts.
• Coordinates and performs Sarbanes Oxley testing for Cash Operations activities in coordination with internal and external auditors and team members.
• Participates in and/or leads testing of payment related systems and assists with recurring release testing as assigned.
• B/A or B/S in Accounting or equivalent experience
• Certified Public Accountant preferred
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and take-charge of assigned work
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to work well with individuals at all levels
• Excellent problem solving/analytical skills with a high level of accuracy
• Expert level Microsoft Excel spreadsheets including Pivot tables and V-Lookups
• Experience with Outlook, Word, MS Access a plus
• Experience with Oracle financials is a plus
• Flexible regarding peak-time work requirements (monthly financial close)
• Flexible Work Schedule! –9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
• Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
• Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
• Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
• Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
• Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per fiscal year
• 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
• Profit Sharing Plan- Eligible after 1 year of service
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
• Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
• Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.