Holland America Line Supv, Cash Ops & Refunds in SEATTLE, Washington
Supervisor, Cash Operations & Refunds
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
The Holland America Group Supervisor of Cash Operations and Refunds manages a transaction processing team of 6-10 responsible for balancing and recording ticket and onboard credit card settlements and processing guest and travel agent refunds and commissions for Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and other brands as assigned. The Supervisor strives to efficiently and effectively utilize people and systems, within corporate values, policies and controls, to provide exceptional external and internal customer service while meeting accuracy and production goals.
• Manages day to day workload and assignments of a team of 6-10 processors to ensure refund, commission, voyage audit and credit card balancing/recording transactional requirements are met daily, weekly, monthly meeting service level standards as applicable.
• Ensures adherence to Finance and Company policies, SOX guidelines and PCI compliance. Identifies and resolves, or escalates as appropriate, any compliance, system, procedural, personnel, and/or guest/partner relationship concerns to management on a timely basis.
• Answers questions and resolves issues for internal and external customers, including but not limited to Guest and Customer Relations, Reservations Accounting, Financial and Managerial Accounting, credit card processors and internal and external auditors.
• Coordinates and drives month-end close activities with focus on accuracy and meeting departmental timelines. Reviews and analyzes balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation recommending and supporting required adjustments as appropriate. Prepares reviews and/or uploads or posts A/R journal entries in Oracle in timely manner and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures including SOX controls.
• Continuously coaches staff and responds empathetically and timely to staff questions and concerns. Provides constructive feedback, ensures a positive work environment, and recognizes employee contributions. Prepares performance evaluations according to established timelines, and promptly and appropriately acts to address performance concerns. Models a positive attitude and exceptional customer service and teamwork.
• Ensures strong team working relationships with Reservations Accounting, Guest and Customer Relations and Financial and Managerial Accounting teams. Works effectively across brand and department boundaries to ensure timely and effective end-to-end resolutions to refund and commission processing issues while safeguarding brand service reputations. Works to identify and resolve root causes of recurrent issues.
• Continuously assesses workflows and applies business sense to identify and communicate opportunities for process improvements (automation, enhanced controls, and efficiencies). Participates in workflow and system enhancement design, testing, documentation and implementation and ensures proper testing of related system revisions to prevent system and processing errors.
• Actively engages in self and team development: sets individual goals; sets and supports realization of team goals; supports staff in the setting and realizing individual goals.
• Actively engages in ad-hoc and/or special projects as assigned.
• Requires an AA degree in Accounting or 2 years of college with twelve quarter hours of accounting classes plus three years of accounting/finance experience with emphasis on cash operations, or give years of accounting/finance experience with emphasis on cash operations; or a combination of related education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge and skills.
• Prior supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership aptitude
• Ability to balance conflicting priorities and multi-task in a fast-pace, sometimes stressful environment
• Familiarity with internal controls relative to financial transaction processing environments including Sarbanes Oxley, PCI compliance, and due diligence for handling customer PII (personally identifiable information)
• Knowledge of and ability to evaluate financial/accounting systems and processes
• Analytical with strong spreadsheet skills and basic accounting knowledge and experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Established proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Oracle and POLAR experience preferred
• Flexible Work Schedule! –9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
• Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
• Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
• Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
• Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
• Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $2000 per fiscal year
• 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
• Profit Sharing Plan- Eligible after 1 year of service
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
• Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
• Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
Next Steps…For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.